Just a bit of info if any one needs it.

heinkeljb

Just a bit of info if any one needs it.

Post by heinkeljb »

I took Lurch to the local Weigh bridge today. Removed most of my rubbish so Lurch got weight with 1/2 a tank of petrol, The fibre glass hard top, scissor jack, canvas "A" frame coveringthe bed and was given the following:-

Front axle 320KG
Rear Axle 380KG
Total 640KG

Doesn't quite make sense as percentage front 50% percentage rear 59%.... Book say it should be 52% rear 48% front. I suppose it can be put down to the local weight bridge being located in builders mercahants yard and not knowing when it was last calibrated. Still knowing it's total weight, near enough empty means it isn't far off what the plate says which is 620 Kg. Only other weight I have seen is in the manual at 635 Kg (Approximately). I always though it was the weight for a short wheel base version and not for a Long wheel base version.
I can't see the extra 300 mm of body / torque tube / drive shaft only weighing in at an extra 5 Kg!

I suppose these things are sent to confuse us! Will I sleep tonight?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Just a bit of info if any one needs it.

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes does seem a little light on for a LWB, closer to the specs of a SWB.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)