Yokohama Super Digger II in 12 inch.

cascade.king

Yokohama Super Digger II in 12 inch.

Post by cascade.king »

My tire search continues..

I have found a few vendors in the USA selling 145r12 Yokohama Super Digger IIs. They are substantially more aggressive than the few remaining 12 inch street tires models still available in the USA.

Has anyone had experience with this tire? Would they properly fit a stock 12 inch rim? They would be used primarily as a road tire, with the "+" of not slipping around on wet grass or muddy areas..

(Not cool to spin tires on the wet grass at a car show when you are supposed to have a "proper" all terrain vehicle!)

The tire was discontinued a couple years back, so I'm seeing old stock being sold here to the Kei truck market, as a tire that is made to fit Kei truck stock rims.

Any thoughts?
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
heinkeljb

Re: Yokohama Super Digger II in 12 inch.

Post by heinkeljb »

They're not some thing we get over here as far as I can tell. So it looks like a "buy one and see" type of task.

Spinning tyres on wet grass is surprisingly easy even with proper off road tyres. It's only when you have dug through the grass that you get traction again.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!