Hole in the Dynastart Stator - Belt Tension.

AustHaflinger

Hole in the Dynastart Stator - Belt Tension.

Post by AustHaflinger »

I just adjusted the tension on my drive/fan belts. This is the second time I have done it. Both times the hole in the fan rotor is obvious but I have not been able to find the hole in the stator that you put the rod into to hold the fan.

Fortunately the bolt that hold the fan does not need to be on really tight and I was able to loosen it with a rattle gun without holding the fan still.

So where is the whole in the stator? Putting my rod :? into the fan hole did not locate the hole in the stator.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Hole in the Dynastart Stator - Belt Tension.

Post by heinkeljb »

Sorry to disillusion you Gary,

There it no hole in the syator of the Dynastart. The hole in the fan allows you to put a rod through it which then catches on the rib which is verticle on the front plate of the Dynastart.
This means tha when you have the hole in the fan blade to the right of top dead centre, you put the rod in and it will go down about 5 cms, then when you try to loosen the fan nut by turning anti clockwise, the rod will jam the fan and allow you to undo the nut.
conversely, you put the hole to the left of top dead centre when you want to tighten the nut up.

I would need to dig out the books and find the torque setting for the fan nut as it is not one I remember!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Re: Hole in the Dynastart Stator - Belt Tension.

Post by AustHaflinger »

Ok - thanks John - the torque on the nut does not need to be extra high as shape of the shaft keeps the pulleys tight - as long as the torque is enough to keep the fan from flogging out it will be fine. I used my rattle gun to tighten it up so it will torqued up enough.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)