1962 haflinger for sale in hawaii ready to ship

Mikenearman

1962 haflinger for sale in hawaii ready to ship

Post by Mikenearman »

1962 Haflinger for sale. Excellent condition (link to pics)
This was restored by t-los in california and a client of mine bought it. It was brought here years ago (2008) and garage kept till about 9 months ago. I think its in great shape for what I know of these. I use it as a daily driver around Hanalei and get lots of attention with it. I am regretfully having to sell it because I am in the process of pulling funds together for a down payment on land. She has a few tics about her but nothing major in the slightest.
- 25233 km on odometer
-small hole in muffler
-accelerator pedal sometimes sticks a little
-sometimes I think the charger apparatus doesn't charge the battery because sometimes when I try to start it the starter doesnt kick in until I press the button a few times.
-every once in a while the motor will backfire upon deceleration when in gear but I think that has to do with the hole in the muffler
-the rusty spots on it are new and are due to me having to keep it outside here in Hanalei
-the v-belts will need replacing soon as they are showing signs of little cracks

$13500 obo
paypal or credit cards can be accepted with a 2% fee. I prefer cash or certified funds but I know my location could hinder that.
I can pay for half of shipping to another island or to a west coast port as well as take care of the logistics on my side.

Let me know of anything else you would like to know about it or if you need additional pictures.
Heres some pics on my site http://mikenearman.com/the_haflinger
Here is a youtube video I took of it. http://youtu.be/dlTZEPH54MI
Attachments
image.jpg
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Westernair

Re: 1962 haflinger for sale in hawaii ready to ship

Post by Westernair »

I visit the islands at least once a year and as you know there is lots of interest in Air cooled vw's. you might want to take it to one of the vw car shows. I have a few vw's and when I drive my hafi to a gathering the interest in it is in great.
I am a member of the kahiko kula vw club, if you want I can post your info to the list.